Friday, November 04, 2005

Pictures


Moldova 16 group shot at our swearing in ceremony.
Howdy folks, just wanted to get some pictures up while I actually had a decent internet connection. They have removed the sole internet computer in our region, and thus I am left with a 33.6 dial-up connection, not the best for photos.
We are currently on fall break, and after spending the first 4 days harvesting, I decided to head down to Chisinau to get some work done online. Time here is of the essence, thus I will do an update on life when I get back from my village, and will only put in some captions for now. Hope all is well in the states.

These are some shots from my classroom. Me explaining first aid in Romanian (very interesting), and my partner teacher leading a class discussion.
I went back to visit my first host family, and rejoined the kids going to get the cows at dusk.


Some shots from my village. Left, Dried sunflower husks from the fields, we use the oil exclusively for cooking. Right, a traditional homestead in the village. These are fairly rare now, with most people upgrading their houses after returning from abroad.




My host mother and I at a freast prepared for when the director of PC Moldova came to visit us.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Good pics Ian. Sorry I didn't call you on your b-day. I still am not sure exactly which day it is. But know that I hope it was a good one!